Your Personal Information may be processed in the country where it was collected as well as other countries where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Information We Collect
Information provided by you
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- All information provided as part of any registration process on the Site or for the Application, such as your email address, your age, your name and your gender
- When you choose to contribute or post any content or provide any other information to the Services or to us through any means, we will collect all the information you provide
- If you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, we will hold the information you provide
- If you are using the Application: The Application allows you to play Games through which we collect information about your game-play in order to identify and give you feedback on your behavioural and personality strengths (“Traits”). Our Services may provide you with information about your Traits as well as information about how your Traits rank compared to other users (collectively, “Results”). The Traits of other users are only presented in aggregate form; users of the Games are not individually identified to other users by their results. If you are playing for your own enjoyment, we may share aggregated and anonymised information (such as Results) about you with third parties, such as employers, potential employers or recruiters. You will not be personally identifiable from such information.
- If you are using the Application: If you play the Games at the request of a recruitment agency or business, or your employer or a potential employer, your Traits and Results and such other information as you have provided to the Services will be shared with that business, and such information will contain Personal Information. During the period of time for which you will be playing the game, we may take images using your phone for the purpose of proctoring and user verification which will also be shared with that business. We are not responsible for the manner in which any such business uses such information. They should have provided you with their own data policy in respect of their use of your Personal Information
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail or when you use any of our contact forms, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail, text message, or that you enter into such forms.
Information obtained using technology:
1. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer or other device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, ourselves or our customers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site or Application. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site or Application, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 180 days.
Personal Information from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from outside the Site or Services, such as telephone, fax, mail, or from third parties that provide services for us that are related to the Services. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services or Site
Use of Information We Collect
We use information and data (including Personal Information) about you in the following ways:
- In general, information and data (including Personal Information) you submit to us, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide you and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that you make, to improve our Service and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Services.
- To provide you with the information and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between us;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- to provide you with announcements, notifications related to your use of the Services and other communications such as electronic newsletters, promotional e-mails or similar messaging.
- We may create anonymised information from Personal Information by excluding information which enables you to be personally identifiable. We may use this anonymised information for internal purposes, such as analysing usage patterns and user match statistics so that we may enhance the Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose such anonymised information at our discretion.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers (except where they have consented), but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the data and information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We use aggregated anonymous data on our users for our own research, advertising and promotional purposes and to provide reports and other products and services to Employers and other third parties and to promote and advertise our Site and Services. For example, we may use such information to provide reports and information on personality types for specific jobs, demographic findings in relation to particular types of occupation or particular employers etc. We will not disclose information about identifiable individuals in providing these activities, products and services.
- Where you have been given an invitation to use the Application by a recruitment agency or business, or your employer or a potential employer, your Traits and Results and such other information as you have provided to the Services will be shared with that business, and such information will contain Personal Information. We are not responsible for the manner in which any such business uses such information. They should have provided you with their own data policy in respect of their use of your Personal Information
Personal Information with third parties, unless you ask or authorise us to do so. We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the Services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our Users. However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
We may share some or all of your Personal Information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Stairwell Ventures Private Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our App Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers, suppliers, Users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices Regarding Personal Information
You may change your Personal Information (i.e. email address) by logging into the Services and editing your Account information.
We may provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
We may send newsletters, promotional communications or other similar messaging to our Users on our behalf and on behalf of our partners. You may opt-out of receiving such messaging by following the instructions included in each message. We may also offer you an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications by logging into the Services and editing your Account information.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, which are not primarily promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your Account.
We may notify you when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
You may request that your Account be terminated and that your Personal Information be deleted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your Account information from our live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. We will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your Account or related deletion of your information. When we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by editing your Account information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site of Application may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
As part of our Services, it may be necessary to transfer the information you provide us to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.